Bond Project Updates
Cyprus High School and Skyline High School are moving forward in the conceptual phase. This phase is prior to official architectural design work. Community meetings for both high schools will be hosted in mid-April.
The board has approved architectural services for remodels at Evergreen Jr. High, Valley Jr. High, and Hunter High School (wing addition):
Evergreen Jr. High remodel – VCBO Architecture
Valley Jr. High remodel – Naylor Wentworth Lund Architects
Hunter High wing addition – MHTN Architects
The contract for architectural services for the South Kearns Elementary rebuild is anticipated to be approved in April.
Additional Smaller Capital Projects
(Bond funds were not used for these projects, but the passing of the bond speeds up the pace of these upgrades district wide.)
- Security upgrades are currently under construction at Bacchus Elementary, Copper Hills Elementary, Fox Hills Elementary, Hunter Elementary, Oquirrh Hills Elementary and Calvin Smith Elementary, along with a STEM classroom conversion at Copper Hills Elementary.
- Construction is underway for kitchen cooler upgrades at Mill Creek Elementary, Morningside Elementary, Oquirrh Hills Elementary, and Taylorsville Elementary.
- Design work is nearing completion for the expansion of the Granite Technical Institute (expanding to the fifth floor of the building, which was previously occupied by Utah State University).
- Air conditioning upgrades and new chillers have been installed at Fox Hills Elementary and Hillside Elementary, and are in progress at Rolling Meadows Elementary.
- HVAC upgrades are nearly complete at Kearns High School, and HVAC filtration updates were completed at Hillside Elementary and Hunter High School.
- A purchase order for new gymnasium bleachers at Kearns High School was approved by the board. Installation will follow soon.