Granite School District Building and Curriculum specialists have spent the past four years researching best practices in educational construction design and instructional delivery. We have provided links below to a sample of some of that scholarly research that has been conducted. While we are able to publish these items, some research is copyrighted and unable to be shared on this website. Additionally, we have done site visits at several locations across the United States and Canada, as well as to several locations throughout Utah and even in our own district. We have provided sample photos of those visits available on the Examples page.
- Bodies in Motion
- Deep Learning Collaboration
- Design for Flipped Classrooms
- DHS Safe School Primer
- Educating Students for Their Futures
- Facility Impact on Student Achievement
- High School Redesign Brief
- How Do We Make Our Schools Safer
- Joint Use of Public Schools
- Optimal Learning Spaces Research
- Safe Schools Best Practices
- Windows and Classrooms
Research has shown that when teachers collaborate closely with one another, the rate of student academic growth accelerates. Below is a short video showing the teacher collaboration space at West Lake STEM Jr. High.